9 replies to this topic

#1 Jemzbruh

Jemzbruh

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

hey everyone ! recently got a toyota sera 91 model a few days ago.. just wondering

Where would I get parts for the exterior in sydney?? just have to find it online?? I need new headlight covers as well, any ideas?

Much appreciated.

Jez

#2 AndrewC

AndrewC

Izzy wizzy lets get busy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,956 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

I can send from the UK or you can order from Toyota if your dealer is friendly.

1992 Toyota Sera ph3 ï1977 Lancia Montecarlo ï 1999 TVR Chimaera ï 2005 Fiat Ducato Motorhome ï Norwich Photo Motorsport Photography ï Racing Exposure ï Facebook ï Twitter ï Instagram

#3 Graham

Graham

Sydney, Australia. Sera now with turbo :)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

Hi & welcome!

What sort of parts do you need?
I'm wrecking a Sera that was in a front end collision. No lights or bits, but plenty of stuff from the rest of the car.

Cheers!
Graham.

#4 Jemzbruh

Jemzbruh

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

I ain't good with cars so bare with me.. i'm trying to find both headlight covers and one either left or right side taillight since they're cracked when I bought the car, Also a friend told me I need to purchase those rubbers that sit on the door windows; in and around it since the window ain't moving up properly. (not really sure about that)

~ also would want to purchase those boot struts(Whatever the things are called for the opening/closing mechanism of the boot/doors) and in future purchase the door struts

@AndrewC, how much would shipping usually be?

@Graham, Let me check on what other parts I may need & are you in Sydney?

#5 Graham

Graham

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:30 AM

Hi Jez,

I'm near Kellyville, where abouts are you?

I've got tail lights available and I've just replaced 1 boot strut, have to do the 2nd yet. Our old ones didn't hold the glass up at all, so I had a stick in the boot to prop it open for about 4 years !! (It's my wife's car, hence "we" and we've had it for 11 years)
With our old struts out of the car, we can look into getting them regassed and exchanged with yours if you're up for it. Our door struts were regassed when we bought our car, so although some UK people have had issues with regassing not lasting, I've had a good experience.

I had to buy some new mounting points from Toyota for the gas struts - the round black bits on the glass. These cost me $42 but were a bit essential as the old ones were stretched and the rubbers no longer provided a seal from water.

Cheers!

#6 Jemzbruh

Jemzbruh

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:38 AM

I'm in Fairfield, so you aren't that far away.

I'll need the right rear taillight and as well is there any local places I could get both headlights? I've called at least 7 places that people have recommended and nothing. My boot struts are bent which holds up the boot so its still ok and with my door struts, its still managing to hold up.

~ Would any other car headlights fit on a Sera?
~ or best solution is to buy online?

#7 Graham

Graham

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

I've sourced parts from Castle Hill Toyota - you can try them and can even enquire on-line. If you do that, let us know the results.
It would help if you gave them part #s. I think it's 81110 and 81150 for headlights.
Bookmark this site if you haven't already: http://www.toyodiy.c...1.html?hl=81110

Andrew, even being in the UK, is by far the best priced source I've heard of for headlights though, so I'd have to recommend him.

As for other vehicle's headlights, the Sera shape is unique and no other headlights are going to bolt in the same mounting brackets and fit under the bonnet.
You might be able to find something similar - S13/14 Silvia? - and with a fair bit of body work manage to get it in and looking good. But I doubt you want to go to that much effort and probable cost. There is at least one Sera with Supra tail lights, so anything is possible if you've got at least 2 of: Money, time and skills. :)

G.

#8 Jemzbruh

Jemzbruh

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

Well my headlights are just cracked, is it possible to just to get the cover replaced?? and if so is the part number this?

81135 UNIT, HEADLAMP, RH

I also called up Toyota Castle Hill yesterday and enquired about the price of new headlights which would cost me $695 each (too much for me :P) but yeah also waiting for replies off other companies for now !

#9 AndrewC

AndrewC

Izzy wizzy lets get busy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,956 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:51 AM

Toyota sell headlamps in two forms

The expensive form with everything - bulbs, the dust covers, bulb holders. This is expensive.

or

The cheaper form where you just get the bare headlamp unit and you swap over everything else from the old one. Much cheaper.
81130‑18010 and 81170‑18010

I've sent two this week to Cyprus and two more to the UK.

100 each plus 32 postage (insured for full replacement value) per headlight.

I send them out individually as there is a 2kg weight limit for post and above that you have to use fedex or similar. A single headlamp in its box with some extra packing is just under the 2kg limit.

1992 Toyota Sera ph3 ï1977 Lancia Montecarlo ï 1999 TVR Chimaera ï 2005 Fiat Ducato Motorhome ï Norwich Photo Motorsport Photography ï Racing Exposure ï Facebook ï Twitter ï Instagram

#10 Jemzbruh

Jemzbruh

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

Ah k, thanks for info! i'll have to consider buying them after I repair whatevers leaking from the engine first, actually at the moment thinking about selling/trading this sera just cause its hard for me to sustain it.

if I do want to purchase these headlamp units from you, where would I need to go in order to purchase? Ebay?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users