Photo

Rhd Kei'led In Quebec? - Petitions And Legislations.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bill

bill

Competent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:43 PM

Below message is forwarded from a fellow Canadian RHD owner in Quebec, Canada.
Link's body text's in french but a google translator of the petition body text gives the idea of what the owners are up against.
[summary: no rhd there anymore other than 2500 existing; KEI vehicle BANNED even if already registered. nb.new Bombardier 3-wheeler motorcycle rules recently relaxed] The petitions will be sent to Quebec National Assembly govt. Rules vary across provinces currently. Most changes to laws seemed safety oriented; this legislation seems to be more politically motivated which should not surprise.

>>The governement of quebec are checking to denied rhd on road. We need your help to keep our japan car that we love so much.
By the way, if that law pass in quebec, you'll be directly touch by this, because your province will go in that way for sure.
So broadcast this link, and make the more people sign you can.
share in your facebook or other forum or by email to you're contact.

For rhd
http://www.assnat.qc...?idPetition=118

For kei car
http://www.assnat.qc...?idPetition=119

-30-
<<
It may be the thin edge of the wedge as stated, but then Quebec often has laws that are unique across Canada. Good luck to the petitioners!

#2 sebass

sebass

Poor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:49 PM

I just logged on here to post this.. thanks bill!

#3 bill

bill

Competent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:31 AM

I just logged on here to post this.. thanks bill!

Good stuff! I hope the petitions' momentum builds and the message spreads. thanks too sebass!

EDIT:
The ban is permanent by decree. You can drive one registered outside the province and the existing ones were grandfathered in.

Now, I find some lube shops won't even do rhd and my insurance co. will not give full collision coverage for rhd cars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users