12 replies to this topic

#1 MountainmanJohn

MountainmanJohn

Mountain freak.....

• Super Special Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 01:26 PM

I had a few comments on the plates on my car. If you want some plates to fit the recess in the Sera's bumper. Try this type of company. They can personalise your plates, and deliver for the same sort of price I got a crap set! :D
A LINK .>....>plates and other bits

There are probably others but they do mail order. And look OK. :help:
............................................Visit my Mountaineering pages...............................................

..........................................My Grellow.....................................................

#2 AndrewC

AndrewC

Izzy wizzy lets get busy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,956 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 08:29 PM

I got mine done locally for about 4 each.

1992 Toyota Sera ph3 ï1977 Lancia Montecarlo ï 1999 TVR Chimaera ï 2005 Fiat Ducato Motorhome ï Norwich Photo Motorsport Photography ï Racing Exposure ï Facebook ï Twitter ï Instagram

#3 MountainmanJohn

MountainmanJohn

Mountain freak.....

• Super Special Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 09:02 PM

Thats what I get for living down here in ripoff country I suppose. :D
............................................Visit my Mountaineering pages...............................................

..........................................My Grellow.....................................................

#4 AndrewC

AndrewC

Izzy wizzy lets get busy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,956 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 09:07 PM

Thats what I get for having a trade account :D

1992 Toyota Sera ph3 ï1977 Lancia Montecarlo ï 1999 TVR Chimaera ï 2005 Fiat Ducato Motorhome ï Norwich Photo Motorsport Photography ï Racing Exposure ï Facebook ï Twitter ï Instagram

#5 parragonlee

parragonlee

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 03:52 PM

Do you know what size to get I'm working away at the moment and can't get to my sera for messurments?

#6 markweatherill

markweatherill

Dangerous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 07:28 PM

Mine are 13" x 7" front and back (36 from an Irish company because I didn't have the V5 at the time)

#7 MountainmanJohn

MountainmanJohn

Mountain freak.....

• Super Special Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 06:04 AM

From memory you can go up to 13' x 9'

#8 gmiddlemass

gmiddlemass

Average

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 02:16 PM

I used Fancyplates for mine.

Gordon :rolleyes:

#9 Mork

Mork

Spatula Man!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:56 PM

Just thought I'd let everyone know what size the front number plate is (not really sure if the character height is legal but nothing else looks as good. 330mm x 95mm fits perfectly. Character height is 56mm. Imports can have smaller characters, 64mm (motorbike size). Drove passed a couple of police cars today on way to mot, no problem. Got the plate from Fancyplates. Looks great. :wizard:

#10 Truckbunny

Truckbunny

Just two Sera's now.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:30 AM

Just got a set of 13 x 7 made up, used UK legal font and colour, then decided to add a bottom logo in the boarder.
I have now been told they are illegal due to the bottom logo.
Apparantly , text at the bottom HAS TO BE a company name and phone number ONLY. web address details are also illegal.
Azure Pearl Blue ; Light Mica Grey ; Dark Mica Grey

#11 toosh

toosh

another day in paradise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:35 PM

Just got a set of 13 x 7 made up, used UK legal font and colour, then decided to add a bottom logo in the boarder.
Apparantly , text at the bottom HAS TO BE a company name and phone number ONLY. web address details are also illegal.

i'm not too sure you've been told the truth there mate ... i think that rule was dropped about a year or so ago ... double check with an M.O.T inspector :D

#12 Truckbunny

Truckbunny

Just two Sera's now.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:45 PM

i'm not too sure you've been told the truth there mate ... i think that rule was dropped about a year or so ago ... double check with an M.O.T inspector :D

It was a number plate fabricator. He said the law came IN 15 months or so ago, and they can tell when your number plate was produced from the ref in the bottom right corner (BASU 145d). He's turned away 1000'ss of business as he wont make them.
The car is in for it's re-MOT on Wed, so I'll not ask, but wait to see what happens, and I'll check with the policeman who lives near me, and report back.
Azure Pearl Blue ; Light Mica Grey ; Dark Mica Grey

#13 Mork

Mork

Spatula Man!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 06:06 PM

The law is definitely valid for cars registered after 2001. Imports are different because of the aperture size. Mine passed the mot with no problem, and I've seen plenty of copper without any issues. Check the internet, that's what I did. But the front of the sera looks much better with the smaller plate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users