#1 Sic Sera

Sic Sera

Competent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:51 AM

Howdy,
I have recently bought a honda civic radiator due to reduction of space thanks to the new turbo. I'm after info on what has to happen to get it to fit. Some pictures would be good too. Cheers.
5EFHE + Garrett GT2860rs + 440cc inj + GReddy E-manage x 10psi = 1 SIC SERA!!!................."In Boost We Trust"

#2 Impressive G

Impressive G

Everybody Loves TURBO Fighting...HA!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:25 AM

Not in the Sera today but will look at home for my build pictures to give you an idea.
Enjoy the ride...Invincible Sera 7706 TSS Class B runner up 2008 :)1991 Sera Turbo Audi Ibis White****My Motor****

#3 Dont_tell_him_pike

Dont_tell_him_pike

loves his duck brolly...

• Moderators
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:57 PM

As I recall, the p/s mount is welded on, but the d/s is bolted (Toyota making allowances for an aborted factory turbo Sera?), so can be moved across to mount the Rad on the n/s. mounting points for the top bracket would have to be added to the slam panel, given that this forms part of the crumple zone I figured best leave it to the professionals.
Confucius say, "He who uses a duck umberella as a bonnet prop shall, in time, inevitably feel the wrath of his bonnet"

The Red Sera 1.5 turbo
The Blue Sera 1.5 turbo - RIP

#4 Sic Sera

Sic Sera

Competent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:46 AM

What radiators do people get when they need some space?
5EFHE + Garrett GT2860rs + 440cc inj + GReddy E-manage x 10psi = 1 SIC SERA!!!................."In Boost We Trust"

#5 Dont_tell_him_pike

Dont_tell_him_pike

loves his duck brolly...

• Moderators
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:15 PM

The civic one is the most popular choice, myself and impressive G have gone down that route, as have many Starlet turbo owners. Tony's Sera has a custom made Rad, not heard of any other alternatives...
Confucius say, "He who uses a duck umberella as a bonnet prop shall, in time, inevitably feel the wrath of his bonnet"

The Red Sera 1.5 turbo

#6 Graham

Graham

Sydney, Australia. Sera now with turbo :)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:04 AM

Our Sera has a plastic top end tank from a Starlet after the original one cracked.
It doesn't fit the brackets as well as the original, but it certainly does the job.

#7 Sic Sera

Sic Sera

Competent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:46 AM

If anyone has any photos that would be great. Anything to stop me hangin myself in the shed. cheers

#8 Dont_tell_him_pike

Dont_tell_him_pike

loves his duck brolly...

• Moderators
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:02 PM

Few pics on Gav's garage page, such as this one:

Posted Image

Bracket doesn't look too tricky actually...

The Red Sera 1.5 turbo

#9 Sic Sera

Sic Sera

Competent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:27 PM

OK sweet... If anyone has a picture of the bottom mounts can they send it to me. Tah

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users