37 replies to this topic

#31 Cypher

Cypher

Harmless

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:09 AM

I am based in Gloucester, UK. I have a good and reliable mechanic I can trust not to rip me of for the oily bits, but having never undertaken anything like this before would like info on bodykits and the other stuff.

Cheers

Dave

#32 markr

markr

Competent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:28 AM

I am based in Gloucester, UK. I have a good and reliable mechanic I can trust not to rip me of for the oily bits, but having never undertaken anything like this before would like info on bodykits and the other stuff.

Cheers

Dave

If you check that link out I sent in the last post for the bodywork place, it will be a good guide for the mods needed. My front bumber was off a honda civic, side skirts of a 300 zx and the rear bumper was a mix of the top half of the standard bumper and the bottom half of a corolla then grafted together and a mould made. Really any bodykit for a civic, focus, hatchback kind of car will fit, its just up to the quality of workmanship your bodywork guy can provide. ( the guy that done mine made a nissan 350z kit fit a peugeot 206 !!! and it looked good) All the gaps and fit were as close to perfect you could get for an after market bodykit so I was more than pleased. After alot of measurements I found the civic was the closest match for the front bumper. As for side skirts I would just pick one you liked the look of as they as going to have to be cut to fit anyway. Now the rear bumper was a bit more work, the corrola one we got was to square and we tried numerous bumpers, the problem being that the sera has a very round rear ! my body guy was not happy with any of them so thats why we went down the route of making our own.

#33 Mork

Mork

Spatula Man!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:38 AM

Are you still able to make moulds of the rear bumper?

#34 markr

markr

Competent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:07 PM

now theres an idea !!, I never even thought of asking him if he fancied making a few more up for you guys :thumbsup: , I will contact him to see if I can have the moulds.

#35 Mork

Mork

Spatula Man!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:47 PM

now theres an idea !!, I never even thought of asking him if he fancied making a few more up for you guys :thumbsup: , I will contact him to see if I can have the moulds.

Can I have a discount then for suggesting it?

#36 markr

markr

Competent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:38 PM

Can I have a discount then for suggesting it?

lol chancer, only joking, I would not be in it for the profit, I would be more than happy to help out anyway I can, let me see if he will give me the moulds then take it from there. I must stress that my skills only go as far as engine and chassis work, so we would need to come up with something to get the bumpers into production.

#37 miffy

miffy

Competent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:03 PM

markr - that is a beautiful colour :thumbsup:

#38 victorb153

victorb153

Harmless

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 03:34 PM

cant connect to photo bucket link ....to see other pics of your mods.. I want side skirts... and some fender flares and am interested in seeing your civic front end...the kits now that its 2019.... carmate and older kits are a bit too low for me taking kids to school with speed bumps...so im gonna have to modify some MR2 or see what you've done......thank you

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users