#1 Caddydaz

Caddydaz

Poor

• Super Special Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:59 AM

Hi folks,

I've recently solved an overdrive issue by changing my radiator. Great, but now I've got trapped air and thus a cold heater??? I've tried having the front elevated on ramps with the rad cap off and a the heater on hot with the fan off to let it purge air. last night I had it like this for 45 mins and whilst some bubbles did come out I've still got stone cold air from the vents........HELP, What am I doing wrong?

Any advice/replies appreciated.

Darren  

#2 Toyoloog

Toyoloog

Competent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 08:45 AM

Could it be that you have a clogged water hose going to the cabin radiator? Whenever I change my coolant I always do a quick reverse flush of the water system. Never had any issues with air locks and I don't even put mine on ramps.

#3 Tobias

Tobias

Above Average

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 04:48 PM

Is the engine coolant thermostat working correctly? (It should start to open at 82 °C and it should be fully open at 95 °C.)

Do both radiator hoses get hot after the engine reached operating temperature?

Maybe there is air trapped in the thermostat housing. Most thermostats have a small hole at some point close to the outer edge (and often there is a small piece of metal dangling in this hole to keep it from getting clogged over time). This should be at the upper side when the thermostat is installed so air can bleed through this hole and get into the radiator.

Image related:

air-bleed-thermostat.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users