#1 comedywizard

comedywizard

Mostly Harmless

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:42 PM

Hi everyone, :D

I've been in touch with a contact asking about translation for the handbook (as per the forum discussions). She is willing to introduce me to some of her Japanese graduates who would be willing to help out to gain some experience and I would be willing to write up the english version in my own time.

I explained that it needs to be little or no cost if possible, however one thing she does ask is whether I would be willing to cover cost of train ticket / travel for the graduates from Bath to meet me here in Cardiff for them to carry out the translation with me.

Just wondering what your thoughts are as to whether any members would be willing or able to give small contribution to help to cover this cost?

It sounds like a great opportunity for the all the owners / members to finally be able to get all the info translated.

Please could you let me know and I would be most grateful. (comedywizard@hotmail.com) Many Thanks.

David

#2 kuroyagi

kuroyagi

Harmless

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 02:33 PM

Hello.
This is 1st message of me.from Japan.please permit me to write message in poor-skiled English.
I see sometimes this website- maybe, 1time each month,from last year.
And I have great respect this challeng. because of difficulty of japanese.

In fact, I hesitated to write message on this board.because you see good ways and
success translatin pages.
But if you have any trouble about japanese, and if I can solve your trouble,
I want to try.
goooyagi@mail.goo.ne.jp
please send me,if you want.

My sera is
1990 mission is AT
clolr is dark gray mica mtaric
Serial NO. is 0011659
Saitama Japan

Thank you.

#3 Dont_tell_him_pike

Dont_tell_him_pike

loves his duck brolly...

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:11 PM

Welcome!

Great to have another Japanese member!

I have added your Sera to our list: http://www.omicron.u...?showtopic=4300
Confucius say, "He who uses a duck umberella as a bonnet prop shall, in time, inevitably feel the wrath of his bonnet"

The Red Sera 1.5 turbo
The Blue Sera 1.5 turbo - RIP

#4 Rich

Rich

Occasionally Makes Sense

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:20 PM

Hi Kuroyagi and welcome

#5 Mork

Mork

Spatula Man!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:07 PM

Hello & welcome! I'm new here too. Does that mean you might be able to get new parts cheaper from Toyota and send them across the water to us in the UK? Toyota prices are extreme to say the least!

#6 AndrewC

AndrewC

Izzy wizzy lets get busy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,896 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:24 PM

Toyota UK prices are not extreme in the slightest.

I used to buy parts in Japan in quantity and air freight them over, but now its cheaper to buy from Toyota UK. Yes, there was a small saving on the cost price, but once you factor in postage, import duty and the added costs of bank charges for buying in a different currency then the initial benefit is very quickly eroded. I did not include VAT as that has to be paid on both a dealer price and upon entry into the UK.

In many cases the prices from Japan were more expensive than buying from Toyota UK, however you could get them quicker, but now Toyota can get things for you from Japan in under 2 weeks .

1992 Toyota Sera ph3 ï1977 Lancia Montecarlo ï 1999 TVR Chimaera ï 2005 Fiat Ducato Motorhome ï Norwich Photo Motorsport Photography ï Racing Exposure ï Facebook ï Twitter ï Instagram

#7 Bboi

Bboi

WHOOOP-SIEEE !!

• Super Special Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 04:01 PM

血清のために手作業の english の手助けの仕事をありがとうございます自動車 - 学習 japanese の遅い腕時計の漂白剤アニメ。 新しい友人を歓迎してください。Tite Kubo
My Personal Sera Fan Site (live but still adding stuff - dive in tho if you fancy)
"People will stare... so make it worth their while."

#8 Mork

Mork

Spatula Man!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:34 PM

Toyota UK prices are not extreme in the slightest.

I used to buy parts in Japan in quantity and air freight them over, but now its cheaper to buy from Toyota UK. Yes, there was a small saving on the cost price, but once you factor in postage, import duty and the added costs of bank charges for buying in a different currency then the initial benefit is very quickly eroded. I did not include VAT as that has to be paid on both a dealer price and upon entry into the UK.

In many cases the prices from Japan were more expensive than buying from Toyota UK, however you could get them quicker, but now Toyota can get things for you from Japan in under 2 weeks .

Well, that put me in my place! Thanks a lot. I honestly thought it would be cheaper to source them direct, but I suppose with all of the 'extra' costs of shipping, taxes, it makes sense they would be expensive. Will get the headlights from here then.

Many apologies.

#9 AndrewC

AndrewC

Izzy wizzy lets get busy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,896 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:07 PM

Sorry didn't mean to come across like that!

It used to be worth it and I was buying door struts in batches of 10 at a time but Toyota UK altered their stance regarding imports and the list UK price was lowered to make it less worthwhile.

Things now arrive from Japan in under 2 weeks. It used to be two months in which case the delay meant sourcing in Japan became necessary.

1992 Toyota Sera ph3 ï1977 Lancia Montecarlo ï 1999 TVR Chimaera ï 2005 Fiat Ducato Motorhome ï Norwich Photo Motorsport Photography ï Racing Exposure ï Facebook ï Twitter ï Instagram

#10 Truckbunny

Truckbunny

Just two Sera's now.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 08:05 AM

Hi everyone, :o

I've been in touch with a contact asking about translation for the handbook (as per the forum discussions). She is willing to introduce me to some of her Japanese graduates who would be willing to help out to gain some experience and I would be willing to write up the english version in my own time.

I explained that it needs to be little or no cost if possible, however one thing she does ask is whether I would be willing to cover cost of train ticket / travel for the graduates from Bath to meet me here in Cardiff for them to carry out the translation with me.

Just wondering what your thoughts are as to whether any members would be willing or able to give small contribution to help to cover this cost?

It sounds like a great opportunity for the all the owners / members to finally be able to get all the info translated.

Please could you let me know and I would be most grateful. (comedywizard@hotmail.com) Many Thanks.

David

Hi....Did you get anywhere with the schoolteacher ? (oo err misses!! :rolleyes: ) There are other threads on here where the documents are available to download, that way you could send them to the graduates and there would be no need for them to travel.
Azure Pearl Blue ; Light Mica Grey ; Dark Mica Grey

#11 comedywizard

comedywizard

Mostly Harmless

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:30 PM

Hiya, yeah I have been in contaact with a great Japanese guy from the club, who is working with me at the mo, he is providing translation of the basic info & I am doing the corrections for english and creating updated pdf's.
Hopefully once all completed, will have nice english version!!

#12 IsettaWorld

IsettaWorld

Competent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:07 PM

Hiya, yeah I have been in contaact with a great Japanese guy from the club, who is working with me at the mo, he is providing translation of the basic info & I am doing the corrections for english and creating updated pdf's.

This is a very worthwhile project. can I ask, "How is it progressing"
Cheers,
Terry

#13 comedywizard

comedywizard

Mostly Harmless

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:05 PM

Cheers,
Terry

Hi, unfortunately we lost contact a while ago, he was busy with family, and now I have new baby, although I still have his email address if someone wanted to start things up again. We managed to get through a few different sections of the manual and I was quite impressed with the english pdf's that I created.
I have now sold my Sera due to family and needing something practical, but once I get some time to sort out all the files I am more than willing to hand over my english versions and hopefully they can be put to good use. Best wishes, Dave

#14 IsettaWorld

IsettaWorld

Competent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:24 PM

Cheers,
Terry
[/quote]

Hi, unfortunately we lost contact a while ago, he was busy with family, and now I have new baby, although I still have his email address if someone wanted to start things up again. We managed to get through a few different sections of the manual and I was quite impressed with the english pdf's that I created.
I have now sold my Sera due to family and needing something practical, but once I get some time to sort out all the files I am more than willing to hand over my english versions and hopefully they can be put to good use. Best wishes, Dave
[/quote]

Congrats on new baby. I'm the dead opposite- our son left home so we only need two seats now! Goodbye Volvo, Hello Sera.
The info about fusebox and fuses would be very useful if that isone of the areas which you covered.
Cheers!
Terry

#15 Adam Evans

Adam Evans

Spammer !!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:53 PM

im just looking into a japanese character recognition right now

ive found one on the abbyy finereader pro 11 software so im gonna give it a go over the next week or so and see what i come up with

it may be good it may be bad but we can just wait and see

EDIT: ive just tried a little bit and it comes out ok

its not brilliant

i have to copy the characters and put them into google translator but its coming out ok in parts

As I parked in the disabled bay the other day someone shouted over

"Hey, what's your disability ?"

I shouted back, "tourettes now F**K OFF !!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users