22 replies to this topic

#1 MORTY

MORTY

Automan

• Super Special Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:51 PM

Last thing to spend any cash on now whats the best way to kit out a Sera as in ICE

Budget= £1000 max

Or is there any other things that i can do first dont fancy the turbo

#2 AndrewC

AndrewC

Izzy wizzy lets get busy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,952 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:56 PM

in-car-espresso....

1992 Toyota Sera ph3 ï1977 Lancia Montecarlo ï 1999 TVR Chimaera ï 2005 Fiat Ducato Motorhome ï Norwich Photo Motorsport Photography ï Racing Exposure ï Facebook ï Twitter ï Instagram

#3 Rich

Rich

Occasionally Makes Sense

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:58 PM

in-car-espresso....

I like your style Andrew !! :D

( you could get one of those Club Sera rear armrest/cupholder things to match too )

#4 MORTY

MORTY

Automan

• Super Special Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:04 PM

This is the last of the budget apart from day to day runing of the car it stands me at £xxxx now so any advice ?

#5 MountainmanJohn

MountainmanJohn

Mountain freak.....

• Super Special Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:00 PM

:D fur trim............ :lol:
............................................Visit my Mountaineering pages...............................................

..........................................My Grellow.....................................................

#6 Scuzzy

Scuzzy

Deadly

• Moderators
  • 3,526 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:20 PM

I have absolutely no idea! :D

#7 Graham

Graham

Sydney, Australia. Sera now with turbo :)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:44 AM

I know what I recommend, but that's based on what I like to listen to, so it all depends on what YOU want and like.

Does it need to be loud? Do you like BASS? Even just a little? It doesn't have to rattle windows. Much. :D
Are you an audiophile that needs crystal clarity or is AM as good as FM?

What sort of music source?
CD?
MP3?
DVD?
Tape?
Ipod?
AM?
FM?
DAB?

Audio or video? 1 screen or 2 or more?

4, 4.1, 5, 5.1 speakers? or more?

Active amplification?

Extras? Bluetooth, Navigation, ????

My tastes run at a minimum of good front speakers and an amplified subwoofer.
CD/DVD Headunit to support MP3s and maybe USB inputs.

£1k I imagine might go a long way. I've bought a 7" screen DVD headunit with bluetooth ex-demo plus 2nd hand 12" subwoofer and quality amplifier for it. I'm out about $850 total or approx £500 (RRP over $3k).
I installed it all myself with some pain and I used left over cable from a previous car 8 years ago and IMO it sounds good.

Just to give you an idea as no one else has.
Although in-car espresso is a very good idea, I must admit.

#8 AndrewC

AndrewC

Izzy wizzy lets get busy

• Admin
  • 7,952 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:15 PM

I must be turning into a grumpy old git. I rarely listen to music in the car, normally its Radio 4, but if its some screeching mis-informed left wing do-gooder, I'll switching to 5 Live or Radio 2 depending on who annoys me the least. Otherwise its whatever is in the CD changer (which I've not changed for about a year), or I'll play something through an ipod.

So most of the time, standard stuff is fine for me!

1992 Toyota Sera ph3 ï1977 Lancia Montecarlo ï 1999 TVR Chimaera ï 2005 Fiat Ducato Motorhome ï Norwich Photo Motorsport Photography ï Racing Exposure ï Facebook ï Twitter ï Instagram

#9 Scuzzy

Scuzzy

Deadly

• Moderators
  • 3,526 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:30 PM

Also classical music can benefit from a subwoofer too!

#10 Mork

Mork

Spatula Man!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:43 PM

I don't listen to much myself, mainly Radio 1 on the way to work. Haven't got any CD's in the car!! But I prefer to listen to the dump valve than crappy music, but hate the rattles and squeaks from the trim (must get around to removing them all and see if I can stop that - foam behind them sounds like a good idea). No, I'm not a chav, I've just never had a dump valve before!! :D

#11 MORTY

MORTY

Automan

• Super Special Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:46 PM

Just a good system with 5.1 audio only posably double din touch screen with a good amp 500w max

#12 MORTY

MORTY

Automan

• Super Special Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:37 PM

Its an old thread but going down to Chorley audio this weekend and see what they say. They do custom installs so I will give them a look and see what they recomend.
It takes me a while to get things done but will get there in the end :lol:

#13 toosh

toosh

another day in paradise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:04 PM

morty mate ... you can get a very nice double din chinese headunit off fleaby for around £250 .... they will bolt straight into the hole & look mint
they all have :- gps, dvd, bluetooth h/free, play memory cards for mp3, cd ... they are touch screen & have loads of inputs & outputs to expand system.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2ebb27a6be

is quite nice example ... just put double din gps into search bar ... there are loads to choose from, but make sure you click uk only ... otherwise you pay import tax :thumbsup:

for a factory-ish install a nice set of 4" in doors with seperate tweeters on mirror corners - or up on dash by A-pillar
( http://www.ebay.co.u...=item35b6ca2fa1 )

rears ??? i would just go with a sub in a box (so you can remove easily) & an amp mounted on the rear boot panel

( http://www.ebay.co.u...=item5882d5521d ) would do the job nice & comes with the cables too. :thumbsup:

less than £1000 all in

#14 AndrewC

AndrewC

Izzy wizzy lets get busy

• Admin
  • 7,952 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:44 PM

What are these unbranded Chinese systems like? Good or cheap for a reason? Looking for a head unit for my Altezza...

#15 MORTY

MORTY

Automan

• Super Special Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:01 PM

Same goes for me they seem all singing and dancing with every thing on. Seem to good to be true and its quality that im going for not to make it jump up and down and blow out the windows :lol:
But will still like the ummph if its required (ie shows and events)
Was thinking of Alpine head unit got a Alpine 350w amp in the boot now with Vibe black air 6x9 speakers on the back shelf.
No door speakers removed them when i fitted new rams as they where falling apart anyway.
So will be davimg new ones in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users