4 replies to this topic

#1 Ga tom

Ga tom

Average

• Super Special Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:48 PM

Hi guys what is the reason for the rubber seal on the bottom of the doors? I've taken mine off to treat the rust and I've notice that some owners have left them off,are they there to protect the door bottoms from scratches when opening doors? Also why do you need to remove the engine mount when changing the timing belt? as that's on my to do list .Also I'm thinking of putting my car onto the my project car section of the forum, how do I upload on to it? Lot of questions probably simple answers thanks

#2 AndrewC

AndrewC

Izzy wizzy lets get busy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,983 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:58 PM

1) main purpose is to protect edge of door from damage, many people have left them off.

2) you don't - you've got to remove both auxiliary belts, crank pulley and two parts of belt cover.   Some of this can be done through the access hole in the wheel arch liner.

3) upload photos to a photo hosting site (e.g. flickr) and link to here.

1992 Toyota Sera ph3 ï1977 Lancia Montecarlo ï 1999 TVR Chimaera ï 2005 Fiat Ducato Motorhome ï Norwich Photo Motorsport Photography ï Racing Exposure ï Facebook ï Twitter ï Instagram

#3 Ga tom

Ga tom

Average

• Super Special Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:40 AM

Thanks Andrew I will decide on whether to put the rubbers back on after I spray or wrap the car my wife and i like the light touquise colour so it will probably be sprayed ,wraping is a lot cheaper but I don't know if there are drawbacks with it,some of the other members have wraped their cars it would be interesting to find out their views and drawbacks if any.

#4 AndrewC

AndrewC

Izzy wizzy lets get busy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,983 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:17 AM

Wrapping a vehicle is a comparatively cheap way of changing colour or giving a car a fresh look.   However its not permament,     Vinyl shrinks and wherever there are joins it can start to peel.    Its not as glossy as paint.   However you can get finishes that you can't easily get with paint by using vinyl.

I'd give vinyl a life of 5 yrs, whereas a good paint job will last 20 - assuming both are cared for correctly.

1992 Toyota Sera ph3 ï1977 Lancia Montecarlo ï 1999 TVR Chimaera ï 2005 Fiat Ducato Motorhome ï Norwich Photo Motorsport Photography ï Racing Exposure ï Facebook ï Twitter ï Instagram

#5 Ga tom

Ga tom

Average

• Super Special Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:41 PM

Thanks Andrew it's food for thought

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users