3 replies to this topic

#1 Ga tom

Ga tom

Average

• Super Special Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:47 PM

Hi all ,I'm having problems with my steering lock,with the key in the ignition it can't be turned to the lock position to remove the key.I've removed the lock barrel and I can see that the inner lock has a small brass plate that's dropped down stoping the inner lock from turning,when I lift the brass plate I can turn the center pin with a long nose players which if the key barrel was fitted the key would be removed.Is there a way of stopping the brass plate from dropping? Can it be removed to repair or replaced,or will have to take the steering lock off completely? If that's the case I will have to drill out the security bolts

#2 Graham

Graham

Sydney, Australia. Sera now with turbo :)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 01:53 PM

Hi,

if the car is an automatic, the lock is released when the gear lever is put into "P" for park.
I believe it's a cable operated action and if you are already in Park, maybe the cable or connection has stretched?

#3 Ga tom

Ga tom

Average

• Super Special Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:46 PM

Bloody marvellous thanks Graham it is an automatic and the lever was in neutrel ,it had me scratching my head.Sometimes it's the simplest of things you don't think of

#4 Graham

Graham

Sydney, Australia. Sera now with turbo :)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:54 AM

I think that one's hit all of us at some stage :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users