18 replies to this topic

#16 IsettaWorld

IsettaWorld

Competent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:01 PM

Some MR2 (SW20) models had the same wheel as the Sera, but leather-bound.    If you can find one of those it will be an easy swap and probably not very expensive at all.

Interesting .... Are they all grey, or are some the common Sera tan / brown ?

#17 AndrewC

AndrewC

Izzy wizzy lets get busy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,937 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 02:36 PM

The wheel I recently got was black leather and the backing piece was also black.   I am not sure if the horn push was originally black, the the one it came with was a close match for the blue-grey phase 1 interior.

I'm going to fit it to my phase 3 and use the original phase III horn push with it.

1992 Toyota Sera ph3 ï1977 Lancia Montecarlo ï 1999 TVR Chimaera ï 2005 Fiat Ducato Motorhome ï Norwich Photo Motorsport Photography ï Racing Exposure ï Facebook ï Twitter ï Instagram

#18 jim graham

jim graham

Poor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 08:26 PM

Nicely done! Looks very smart.

The MR2 wheel is fantastic! I find the stock steering wheel a little thin and not so grippy. But at $100/£88 for the MR2 wheel, I'll have to stick with stock.

Red and black looks great together. Nicely done!

#19 MaldenGint

MaldenGint

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:57 PM

Nicely done! Looks very smart.

The MR2 wheel is fantastic! I find the stock steering wheel a little thin and not so grippy. But at $100/£88 for the MR2 wheel, I'll have to stick with stock.

Red and black looks great together. Nicely done!

Thanks a lot. 

I've got a little problem with the steering wheel. Every picture I can find on the internet is with my type of steering wheel. Is there a different type of steering wheel for the sera? Mine was originally mounted. Got it trimmed with grey leather and yellow stitching by an upholsterer.

My cars from oldest to newest member: Trabant 1.1 Universal, Lexus IS 200 (sold), Corolla E15 F-Sport (sold), Paseo L5 convertible, MR2 SW20 Rev. 1, Sera, Hyundai Veloster, Carina GTI, Altezza AS200, Yaris TS, GT86 Aero

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users