Right, a new radiator cap with a slightly higher pressure seemd to have solved the coolant issue. Car still running rich though so I'd figured I check the fuel pressure regulator as I've already checked and cleaned the injectors. Hooked up my pressure tester and with just the pump running I got about 30 PSI which is way to low for no vacuum scenario. Started the engine and pressures were up to about 40 PSI to 30 PSI depending on the vacuum created. Stopped engine and now pressure with just pump running was 36PSI... Eventuelly I tapped the fuel pressure regulator and the pressure shot up to a healthy 42 PSI. Tapped it some more and pressure dropped again. This leaves me to believe the FPR is on it's way out, especially since the system will not hold pressure after the engine/pump has stopped (which it should if it's anything like the 4A-GE). I'll have a look for another one and try that, hopefully that will solve the rich conditions and after-fire when changing gears.
Sera In The Netherlands
Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:42 AM
Picked up another fuel pressure regulator today from a 4E-FTE but it has the same part number. Installed it and tested the pressures: All according to the manual this time. A rest-drive revealed that the after-fire is gone, although the revs still dip when going from cruise to idle (after wich it does pick up a bit but still feels like it's about to stall for a second). Going to try and reset the ECU and adjust idle speed again and see if that makes any difference.
Posted 13 August 2018 - 07:40 AM
Did some more to the Sera yesterday, installed new front brakes (Astra G discs 280mm, spigot rings to reduce diameter from 60mm to 54mm, AE111 twinpod calipers with ST202 non-superstrut carriers) and a new master brake cylinder. Original was 13/16 (non-ABS model), now a 15/16 version from an ST202. Noticed the front tyres cracked so off later today to have those replaced as well. Then it's back to some bits and bobs to the interior and exterior again.
Posted 22 September 2018 - 08:10 AM
Sera passed it's Dutch equivalent of MOT again last week!
Apart from some new wiper blades no issues whatsoever. This was including the front twinpod brakes with 15/16 MBC and LED bulbs in both headlights and brights.
Very pleased I must say!
Checked cylinder leaktest as well. Some slight leaking via the piston-rings on cylinder #3 (10% vs 5% on the other 3 cylinders) but nothing mayor and probably not worth checking into that further.
Posted 30 April 2019 - 08:35 AM
ell, this morning I finally had my A/C pressure tested and refilled. Still have the R12 compressor but had it refilled with R134a, 0,55kg to be exact. Heard the compressor actually kick in this time so I know the pressure switches are working. Temperature went to 8 degC within 2 minutes so that should work fine. Let's hope it'll last!
Posted 01 June 2019 - 04:53 PM
And the A/C is empty again... At least the compressor does not kick in so I suspect it's the pressure switch again failing to register any pressure in the LP side of the system.
On another side not, started with the metal frame between the roof glass and the drop-down glass as it is starting to rust on a few spots. Got all the 3 screws and the bolt out and freed up the side next to the door sill but the sections attached to the glass seem impossible to move. Therefore bolted everything back for now and ordered a windscreen repair kit with one of those cutters with a pull handle. Hopefully that will help minimizing the seal between the metal and the glass. Sanding in place is not the best option here as the rust shows around also in the rain "gutter" so to say. Once the metal is out it's of sandblasting it clean and then some new epoxy paint to make it neat again.
Posted 01 July 2019 - 07:09 AM
Got the parts in along with some parts from Japan. Now have the rear boor section of what looks like the G5 spoiler and some SLSS tweeter pods, unfortunately one broke but the other one is good for a 3D scan so those will be available for printing soon I hope. Those came also with a center speaker but as expected the speaker itself was shot so still on the lookout for one that actually fits the housing.
On the A/C side of things, current low pressure only 6 PSI so definitely got a leak somewhere, now to pressurise the system and remove the radiator (pretty sure it's on the A/C radiator side of things but could not find anything on the front side).
To be continued!
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users