2 replies to this topic

#1 Toyoloog

Toyoloog

Competent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 04:53 PM

Right, as I'm researching the Sera's speedometer, I was wondering if anyone has the speed chime on their Sera and at what speed it goes off.

According to the exploded view there should be a chime on the back of our clusters with part number 86640-18010: 

https://www.toyodiy....ACMGH_8301.html

However, neither the cluster in my car nor my spare cluster have this attached so I was wondering if this was an option at the time or that most people just had removed it as it could be annoying. It's also not mentioned in any of the 5 workshop manuals I have here (only the reverse buzzer on the A/T models).

If the DSW (dangerous speed warning?) terminal on the back of the instrument cluster is only used for the speed chime that would be perfect as that would mean another terminal that I do not have to take into account while trying to get rid of the speedometer cable :D .

#2 AndrewC

AndrewC

Izzy wizzy lets get busy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,973 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 07:16 PM

Never driven a Sera and had a speed warning go off.

1992 Toyota Sera ph3 ï1977 Lancia Montecarlo ï 1999 TVR Chimaera ï 2005 Fiat Ducato Motorhome ï Norwich Photo Motorsport Photography ï Racing Exposure ï Facebook ï Twitter ï Instagram

#3 Toyoloog

Toyoloog

Competent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 12:47 PM

That's what I thought :D I know that on many AE86 an EP71 these were taken out at the first opportunity as it would drive people insane. I've had a report from an EP71 owner it started at about 100km/h which seems a tad low. The terminals for this to work is present on the instrument clusters though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users