3 replies to this topic

#1 SeraDraiver

SeraDraiver

Mostly Harmless

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:24 PM

It's been 6 years since my Sera blew cold air ... I was sure that updating it would be very expensive and most of the advice I found was leaning towards converting it to R134a. I finally got round to doing some deep research and after a few false starts I found Auto Climate Control in Swindon

The guy had never even seen a Sera but in about an hour he had tested it with Oxygen Free Nitrogen (OFN), vacuum tested it and charged it with RS-24. I though I was going to freeze to death on the way home - it's way colder than my Peugeot 206 which runs on R134a and recently serviced and recharged.

Cost: £116 inc VAT .................... Way chuffed!

http://www.autoclima...co.uk/index.htm

#2 Toyoloog

Toyoloog

Competent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 07:16 AM

Nice find!

I tried to be stubborn and install an phase 3 A/C compressor in my Phase 1 sera but I can confirm the A/C pipes are different as well and won't fit. (later version uses a larger diameter coupling)

Instead I'm giving this conversion procedure a try (Although the Sera isn't in there I'll try the Paseo/Tercel route)...

Attached Files

#3 Toyoloog

Toyoloog

Competent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 11:02 AM

Right, no-one I have tries sells those kits any longer so I'm back to square 1. I have a 2 compressors here, a TV10CB and a TV12 and both have a lipseal which of course was destroyed when I took it out.
The TV10CB unfortunately doesnt't fit as the pipe near the pulley is one size up... I'm able to find the lipseal for the TV12 but not for the TV10 (smaller shaft diameter) .

Now from companies like Santech ect I can only find a mechanical seal for the TV10. Is there anyone who has actually taken the front of the Sera Ph1 A/C compressor and can confirm there is a mechanical (carbon) seal in there or if it's also a simple lipseal?

#4 Toyoloog

Toyoloog

Competent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 11:04 AM

Right, I can now confirm some part numbers for the Ph3 A/C compressors with a TV12C acompressor (using R134a):

Denso compressor part number: 442500-2620

Denso clutch assembly part number: 447300-3650

Toyota compressor part number: 88320-10420

Toyota clutch assembly part number: 88410-18010

I've managed to buy an overhaul kit for this compressor. These are parts from Santech and have a good to decent fitment:

Shaft seal: MT2057

Compressor case seal set: MT2141 (fibre case seals while the OEM are metal)

Now I've only compared the case seals to the originals but as mines were in still good condition I did not bother changing them out. Shaft seal fits nice if somewhat snug.

For what it's worth, I've bought these via euro-klima.pl, delivery to the Netherlands was within 3 days.

The search for the Ph1 R12 TV10CB shaft seal continues!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users