59 replies to this topic

#46 colinhelen

colinhelen

Play up Pompey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 06:20 AM

It's all clear to me now.... That must be a really short gear movement. Does it take a bit of getting used to?
Transport: 2004 Mercedes ML270, 1994 Del SOL with a TT roof, Hyundai i30, Elan Invader v240 Offshore cruiser with a 5.7 v8 chevvy engine, Unused Mountain bike times two, kayak, inflatable dinghy, Zooter land yacht.

Family: Helen, Maria (now married), one dog, three cats, one Blue Fronted Amazon, a few fish and no space!

#47 Ryo

Ryo

Above Average

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 12:08 PM

hey ctd, if u have the TRD kit and its the same as the one that sera_beetle has, why do u want it even shorter?? i think i remember u said you wanted it shorter in another thread, from the looks of the pics that have been uploaded the sera_beetles short shifter is already heaps short!!! i couldn't imagine having something even shorter.

#48 Crash Test Dummy

Crash Test Dummy

Owned over 60 cars so far

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 08:48 AM

When you drive with the TRD quick shift kit it is really short compared to the stock shifter, but I got used to it instantly so I guess I am just really hard to please :)

#49 MedTech

MedTech

THE WOLFE SERA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 09:34 AM

hey CTD how much did you get your TRD Quick Shifter for? and where?
~Per Veneratio Nos Servo - With Honour We Serve~

#50 Crash Test Dummy

Crash Test Dummy

Owned over 60 cars so far

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 07:10 AM

Hey sorry I didn't answer earlier we've been on holiday :) Anyway you get them from your local Toyota shop and it's just the same as a starlet one, but you've got to make sure you use the beefy spacers that are included with it :P It would normally cost $400 NZD over here but I managed to do a deal and get it slightly cheaper :D

#51 Ryo

Ryo

Above Average

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 09:29 AM

ok, ive just got my TRD shortshifter today, and i was kinda suspicious about it, because the shortshifter came assembled and had been greased up already, and it only came with one TRD gear shift knob, on the TRD website it says it should come with 2, when i asked the toyota dude about it, he said that's how it comes, but i wasn't too sure he knew what he was talking about, because he didnt seem to know anymore than i did, anyway here's a pic of everything that came in the box
Posted Image

so i just had a couple of questions for ppl who'eve bought a TRD short shifter kit, basically, did u guys have to assemble it or was it pre-assembled?? and did you only get one gear knob or did you get 2? lol if i got ripped off im going straight back, thanks guys.

#52 sera_beetle

sera_beetle

TEINy TIM

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:25 AM

I have never heard of them coming with 2 gear knobs chap.

and yes they come like your kit :lol:
178 bhp.... i think it's time for a new engine and a colour change!

View my sera here or here

#53 AndrewC

AndrewC

Izzy wizzy lets get busy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,956 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:36 AM

Never heard of them coming with two gearknobs, but the TRD ones do come pre-assembled.

1992 Toyota Sera ph3 ï1977 Lancia Montecarlo ï 1999 TVR Chimaera ï 2005 Fiat Ducato Motorhome ï Norwich Photo Motorsport Photography ï Racing Exposure ï Facebook ï Twitter ï Instagram

#54 Ryo

Ryo

Above Average

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:50 AM

Never heard of them coming with two gearknobs, but the TRD ones do come pre-assembled.

here's the link
http://trdparts.jp/e...quickshift.html
see where it says starlet *1 across underneath the remarks it says 2 shift knobs included, and down the bottom it explains that *1 is suitable for sera's, but yeah it was just that and the poor packaging that made me think one of the toyota guys might've nicked off with the other gear knob if it did come with 2 lol.

#55 sera_beetle

sera_beetle

TEINy TIM

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:12 AM

I just spoke to Mr burwash for you he sell loads and loads of these kits and he has never seen any kits come with 2 knobs. so i think you do have a pucker kit

#56 Ryo

Ryo

Above Average

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:48 AM

I just spoke to Mr burwash for you he sell loads and loads of these kits and he has never seen any kits come with 2 knobs. so i think you do have a pucker kit

tahnks for the reassurance man, just one more thing tho, which i guess, part number is your short shifter??
my one looks completely different and no where near as short as your's :lol:, i think i bought the wrong type, i wanted your one, with mine i dont think it will be as short as i'd like it.

Posted Image

the one i'd like

Posted Image

and that's the one i got.... B)

#57 sera_beetle

sera_beetle

TEINy TIM

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:52 AM

mine was from dave he had a some made (he cant get them now) so he's selling trd ones now.

mine is very short! so short andrew didn't like driving it :lol:

yours looks like a very nice bit of kit.

#58 Ryo

Ryo

Above Average

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 12:18 PM

mine was from dave he had a some made (he cant get them now) so he's selling trd ones now.

mine is very short! so short andrew didn't like driving it :lol:

yours looks like a very nice bit of kit.

wanna swap B)

#59 AndrewC

AndrewC

Izzy wizzy lets get busy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,956 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 03:51 PM

the TRD site link says that different shifters come with one or the other knob.

some come with this knob (variant 1) [TRD logo on top]
Posted Image

others come with this knob (variant 2) [TRD logo on side]
Posted Image

some don't come with a knob at all.

1992 Toyota Sera ph3 ï1977 Lancia Montecarlo ï 1999 TVR Chimaera ï 2005 Fiat Ducato Motorhome ï Norwich Photo Motorsport Photography ï Racing Exposure ï Facebook ï Twitter ï Instagram

#60 Ryo

Ryo

Above Average

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 03:58 PM

the TRD site link says that different shifters come with one or the other knob.

some come with this knob (variant 1) [TRD logo on top]
Posted Image

others come with this knob (variant 2) [TRD logo on side]
Posted Image

some don't come with a knob at all.

.............i feel quite stupid now, damn. :help:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users