#1 JamesRashid

JamesRashid

Harmless

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2020 - 07:52 PM

Hi All, 

Ive just bought a Sera.  Its been stood for 3 or so years but I've now got it back to mine and today I got it started.  The car is a manual in black, and a 92 model with the 5F engine.

AS I had been meaning to collect it for a qwhile but Covid got in the way Ive been thinking about what I can do, and its in these areas I was after best advice.

My thoughts are:-

Upgrade the bakes to include rear discs - would like a larger cailper in GLoss Red!

Coilovers - to lower the ride height and firm it up - any recommendations of best to buy, what fits etc.

Alloys - Looking to put larger wheels on, seen some 17's I like? What's the best size and also stud fit?

Engine - Thinking of swapping this for a Glanza/Starlet Turbo option - have seen some posts info on here but again any advice.  Do you need to change gearbox and other stuff too?  Have seen an engine and gearbox on Ebay (bit too much money!) but may look out for a donor car.

Interior - Not decided was thinking to strip it out and make it more race style or re-trim seats in a leather but I would like to change the dash?  Anyone changed their whole interior??

and a paint job to make it mint!  There's lots of other little bits to do like the struts and it needs a new wing etc.  but I need to get it MOT'd so want to do some things like the brakes to get it up and running at least.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

James

#2 AndrewC

AndrewC

Izzy wizzy lets get busy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,972 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 09:36 AM

Converting to rear discs is quite a lot of work for not much real world benefit.    The rear calipers aren't very impressive looking either.

Coilovers - can either use my handling kit of replacement McPherson struts with lowering springs, or can use Toyota Starlet EP82 coil overs.   Wide range of brands from cheap and nasty to expensive.

Wheels - you'll need 4 x 100 pcd wheels with an offset of 36 to 39mm.

Engine - if you want more power, this is really the only practical way.    Can use the Sera gearbox if you want.

Interior - leather gets very hot in the summer.     Dashboard - can be painted.     The company which made replacement dials has stopped, so limited options here unless you make your own from scratch.

1992 Toyota Sera ph3 ï1977 Lancia Montecarlo ï 1999 TVR Chimaera ï 2005 Fiat Ducato Motorhome ï Norwich Photo Motorsport Photography ï Racing Exposure ï Facebook ï Twitter ï Instagram

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users