1 reply to this topic

#1 AndrewC

AndrewC

Izzy wizzy lets get busy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,972 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 03:32 PM

If you are able to add to this or flesh out country-specific regulations, please do so.

UK: Yes, no problem.  Cars just have to pass a roadworthiness test, and assuming the car is in good condition, would just require addition of a rear fog light to pass.    Cars subject to 10% import duty and 20% VAT upon arrival. 

Ireland: Yes

France, The Netherlands & Germany:   There are cars in all of these countries so it is certainly possible.  It may be easier to register in UK first and export to Europe afterwards

Hungary: There are now several Seras in Hungary

Poland: There is at least one Sera in Poland

Other EU Countries: Unknown

Switzerland: There is a Sera in Switzerland.

Canada: Yes, as the car is over 15 years old

USA: Yes, as the car is over 25 years old.   However, double check with your state to find out whether this is possible in your state or not.   I believe California is problematic.

India & Pakistan: No longer possible.   Cars being imported to India have to be new or up to 3 years old

Bangladesh: No: Cars must be 4 years old or younger and imported from their country of origin (ie Japan)

Australia: No. Yes.   It appears Australia has changed their regulations to a over 25 year old rule.   See http://rvcs-prodweb....s/sevsindex.htm 

New Zealand: Yes

#2 Tobias

Tobias

Competent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 26 August 2020 - 08:13 AM

Germany: Headlights cannot be approved and need to be replaced (e. g. by additional headlights with E-certificate). Additional rear reflectors with E-certificate and type plate are mandatory. Rear fog light is required for cars that were registered first on 1991-01-01 or later. Everything else (e. g. windshield, lights, seat belts etc.) can by approved by exceptional permission. Further information can be found here: https://www.tuvsud.c...zeug-richtlinie

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users