3 replies to this topic

#1 Firewarden

Firewarden

Above Average

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:06 AM

I just finished successfully changing my Sera to LHD headlight pattern. DOH stopped some Skylines around here and towed them on the spot because of the headlights. so I was always nervous driving. I went to an auto wrecker and bought lights from an Acura Integra. I also got a broken Sera headlight shipped from the UK, so I could practice on that one first. The Acura projector is a little taller, so I cut down the mounting plate to the size of the lens (flat on the top and flat on the bottom). It fits in there really nice and snug, but there is no adjustment, so you have to cut it level. I checked my beam pattern and it is perfect, no adjustment needed. The best part is the light output at night is super bright (normal 55 watt bulb). I can finally see at night. The attached picture is of the Acura headlight opened.

Attached Files

#2 Rich

Rich

Occasionally Makes Sense

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:50 AM

excellent work - well done that man !!!

#3 Firewarden

Firewarden

Above Average

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

Attached File  IMG-20130721-00350sm.jpg   47.8KB   2 downloadsAttached File  IMG-20130816-00357sm.jpg   88.87KB   2 downloads

The first one is the new projector flange cut down to fit the Sera enclosure.

The second one is all finished and polished lense. Next project...paint job

#4 goes2eleven

goes2eleven

Harmless

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 02:09 PM

Firewarden,

Thank you for posting this. I've recently imported my Sera to the US and have been "flashed" a couple of times by oncoming traffic.

This is a great help!

-Rick

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users