55 replies to this topic

#46 Scuzzy

Scuzzy

Deadly

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,526 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 11:30 AM

I liked Transport Tycoon, but kept hitting its programming limits for the amount of stations you could build.

Check this out then, sure we are going off topic but openttd does some amazing things to Transport Tycoon, you can make super long trains, and super huge stations, even extend them with more rail lines, check out the screen shots :lol:

http://www.openttd.com/

#47 sera_beetle

sera_beetle

TEINy TIM

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 11:44 AM

I liked Transport Tycoon, but kept hitting its programming limits for the amount of stations you could build.

Check this out then, sure we are going off topic but openttd does some amazing things to Transport Tycoon, you can make super long trains, and super huge stations, even extend them with more rail lines, check out the screen shots :lol:

http://www.openttd.com/

i was just looking at this but i need these files to make it work :)

sample.cat
trg1r.grf
trgcr.grf
trghr.grf
trgir.grf
trgtr.grf

from the data folder :(

do you mind emailing them over to me pls :)
178 bhp.... i think it's time for a new engine and a colour change!

View my sera here or here

#48 colinhelen

colinhelen

Play up Pompey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 07:27 PM

has anyone tried using one of those flexible neon wires they sell, and 'writing' behind the sera word, coiling it around the letters? Would save all the hassle on diffusion etc....
Transport: 2004 Mercedes ML270, 1994 Del SOL with a TT roof, Hyundai i30, Elan Invader v240 Offshore cruiser with a 5.7 v8 chevvy engine, Unused Mountain bike times two, kayak, inflatable dinghy, Zooter land yacht.

Family: Helen, Maria (now married), one dog, three cats, one Blue Fronted Amazon, a few fish and no space!

#49 Scuzzy

Scuzzy

Deadly

• Moderators
  • 3,526 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 09:18 PM

I think that could still look pretty messy, the problem with EL wire is that you got to keep it in one continuous string, its kinda thin, and to do the "E" or R" will see a small doubling up around the middle joins of the letters. After doing mine and factoring in diffusion, the end result is a somewhat even glow. :cry:

You definetly could use EL wire, but I'd still factor in diffusion.

#50 Graham

Graham

Sydney, Australia. Sera now with turbo :)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 02:36 PM

I've got some EL wire and I don't think it would be bright enough to have behind the lettering, it would have to actually be inside the letters. If that's possible then I think it would work, but wouldn't be as impressive as Scuzzy's job.

A CCFL tube, although potentially fragile should output enough light so that you could just strap it to the back of the lettering. I think that's what Seralicious did.

#51 FMuscle

FMuscle

Poor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 01:18 AM

Hi! I'm new here 'cause I planned to buy a SERA next spring. It would be the first one in Quebec and I want to illuminate the rear logo. About the colors, I don't think it really matters, because the car is already equiped with all the stuff it need and this is something like an "option". By the way, is it possible to do the same with the pillar logos?

DSC05212a.jpg

#52 Dont_tell_him_pike

Dont_tell_him_pike

loves his duck brolly...

• Moderators
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 02:03 AM

Hmm, maybe possibly.

The rear logo is embedded into the rear panel and is transparent, and there is a nice space behind it, making illumination relatively easy.
The side logo is a badge on top of solid plastic, under which is the roll bar. so you'd have to make a new logo and sink it into the plastic then fit lighting into a tiny space. I'd imagine it would be an absolute nightmare...

Oh, and welcome to the club. Good luck getting a Sera!
Confucius say, "He who uses a duck umberella as a bonnet prop shall, in time, inevitably feel the wrath of his bonnet"

The Red Sera 1.5 turbo
The Blue Sera 1.5 turbo - RIP

#53 Scuzzy

Scuzzy

Deadly

• Moderators
  • 3,526 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 09:51 AM

The side sera badges are stuck on, theres nothing recessed to cut out like the rear logo.

If you want some colour ideas, you could setup a RGB led array and have any colour you want ^_^

I did the rear logo myself, it looks great on the back of the car My Version (click) :thumbsup:

#54 FMuscle

FMuscle

Poor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 04:21 PM

how deep is that space behind the logo? I already made a box with the lights in it and it's about 2 inches deep... It have 7 bulbs (#194 got a lot of those ;) ) 2 blue for parking, 2 red for brakes, 1 white for reverse and 2 orange for the flashers... now I just have to wire this :huh:

DSC05212a.jpg

#55 Scuzzy

Scuzzy

Deadly

• Moderators
  • 3,526 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 06:42 PM

Inch to a inch and a half and most, 2 might be pushing it, I made my rear logo lighting 1cm thick by using angled acrylic painted white to reflect light that is shone from one of the sides :huh:

#56 FMuscle

FMuscle

Poor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 08:57 PM

Inch to a inch and a half and most, 2 might be pushing it, I made my rear logo lighting 1cm thick by using angled acrylic painted white to reflect light that is shone from one of the sides :huh:

Maybe I'll go with LEDs instead, that seems to look better than the cold cathodes. Anyways, I have a few months to think about this more seriously. Thanks for the infos.

DSC05212a.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users